Businesses may be targeted by criminals in a whole range of ways. Therefore, a range of protective measures are needed to keep the premises and people safe
Every business and home are susceptible to the possibility of a break-in, and CCTV is an important and essential safeguard.
But any surveillance system is only as good as the maintenance and upkeep it is given. So, we wanted to share with you our ten top tips to make sure your CCTV systems are working to their optimum performance and that images recorded and stored are fit for purpose. Images need to be evidence quality as they could be used as admissible evidence for purposes of investigation or for use in courts of law.
Our 10 top CCTV maintenance tips
- Look at the space around the camera, make sure that bushes, trees and anything else that may be blocking the camera’s view, is regularly trimmed back.
- Clean the lense. It sounds obvious, but the last thing you want is an intruder’s face being obscured by a speck of dirt!
- Inspect the camera casing, make sure that it isn’t damp and that no dust or debris has got inside
- Check for corrosion. Rust and corrosion can easily start to cause technical issues.
- Ensure cabling is securely connected, you don’t want the power or connectivity to cut out right at a crucial moment!
- Remove dust from your DVR or NVR to ensure it’s clear and working properly
- Test the camera’s range of movement, make sure it can pivot and view everywhere it is supposed to
- Get a trained professional to assess your equipment once a year, to review it all through an expert’s eye
- Carry out the testing whilst the system is still in operation so that you don’t suffer any lapses in monitoring
- Organise the inspection date so that any spare parts needed are readily available
Contact Smart Ideas on 01133 229 500 for Commercial CCTV systems to keep your Business protected.